Tips for a Great Telemedicine Visit
- Have your child with you in a well lit room that is as quiet and as free of distractions as possible.
We get it…..you’re at home, so do your best, but if we end up seeing your other children or your pets, that’s OK (and even fun for us to see them!)
- You may use your smart phone, tablet or computer that has a camera and a microphone.
Log-in 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Things which would be helpful to have available at the time of the visit:
1. Your child’s temperature
2. Your child’s weight
3. The name and dosage of any medications that your child is taking or the actual bottles of medication to review
4. A list of all of your child’s symptoms and how long they have been present
5. A list of any questions that you may have
6. A flashlight to help view rashes or your child’s throat
7. The name and location of your preferred pharmacy
- The doctor may ask for your help with your child’s physical exam, such as using the camera to see your child’s throat or pushing on their abdomen.
- Don’t be nervous to ask questions and have your child do the same.
- It may be fun for your child to show us their favorite toy or introduce us to their pet.Those things may help your child be more comfortable with the visit.
We are so excited to offer this new service!